Espoma Organic Palm-tone Palm & Hibiscus Food 4-1-5 4lb
For all Palms, Hibiscus and Tropical Plants
Natural & Organic Fertilizer for all Palm and Hibiscus
Produces deep green foliage and larger hibiscus blooms
Formulated from university recommendations
Long lasting, slow-release feeding with our exclusive Bio-tone Microbes
100% natural & organic ingredients with no fillers or sludges
Feeding Established Palms
Calculate the area beneath the branches of the tree and feed at a rate of 3lbs per 100sf of area (1 cup per 10sf). Apply evenly around the outer edge of the branches of the tree and mix into the soil.
Feeding Established Hibiscus
Follow rates in the chart below and sprinkle the plant food under the outer edges of the branches.
Mix into the soil and keep the plant food at least 6″ from the trunk.
Water thoroughly after each application. Feed every 3 months.
|Tree Height||Amount (lbs.)||Amount (cups)|
|Very Small||1/4 lb.||3/4 cup|
|Small||1/2 lb.||1 1/2 cups|
|Medium||1 lb.||3 cups|
|Large||1 1/2lb.||4 1/2 cups|
- Dig a hole twice as wide and the same depth as the root ball.
- Remove 1/3 of the soil and replace it with compost, peat moss or a good planting mix.
- Mix 1 cup of Espoma Palm-tone into the amended soil.
- Set the root ball in the hole and back-fill with the amended soil.
- After settling, the soil level next to the trunk should be at the same level at which the tree grew in the nursery field or container.
- Water thoroughly after planting.
- Check soil moisture regularly and water as needed.
Feeding Established Palm & Hibiscus
- Fertilize around the drip line of the tree.
- Water thoroughly. Check soil moisture regularly and water as needed.